Men For Christ Ministries (MFCM Inc) was formed in 2004, after three Christian men saw a need for a practical, biblical based conference for men in the west of Sydney.
They shared this vision with other Christian men, and identified their aims as:
- To transform men in Christ through the Spirit applying God’s word to real-life struggles.
- To enable men to share and pray with other Christians in a non-threatening atmosphere.
- To inspire Christian men by hearing about established ministries to men.
- To establish conferences and seminars as a springboard for evangelistic outreach.
- To empower churches in creative outreach for men.
This was to be based on the underlying ethos of:
- The Apostles Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Athanasian Creed.
- The value – love God and your neighbour as shown by Jesus.
- The acceptance of the Bible as God’s word and the base of all our teaching and action.
- To hold to the direction of Jesus as found in Matthew 28:18-20.
Each year the conference aims to provide men with quality speakers, specialist exhibitors, and topics that may be difficult to handle in their church group but are important in enabling men to become more effective Christians in all their relationships, whether as a husband, father, son, friend, leader.
It aims to offer a choice of topics on the day that are presented with a solid biblical foundation, but which provide practical examples and advice that men can use to cope with the challenges that they, their family and friends face in life.